Report for 2015-2017
This report covers the two years of activities and the work of the executive that included: Taras Monastyrski (Co-chair), Dr. Roman Yereniuk (co-chair), Walter Manulak (Secretary) and Boris Salamon (Treasurer). Membership stands at 17 members.
The branch had regular monthly meeting (except for the summer months) with an attendance of 10-14 members. This year the work of the branch was interrupted for several months due to a fire at our home base – Holy Trinity Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral in Winnipeg (July 2016).
Among the key activities were the following:
- The branch hosted six speakers on various themes – church, culture and traditions,
- The branch hosted five luncheons/coffee hours (after the liturgy) at the cathedral as fundraisers,
- Our branch funded several projects including: a major donation for the CYMK organizer, support for Camp Veselka, SUS Foundation. and Project Liubov-Love, and a donation for Holy Trinity Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
- Many members were involved with the work of organizing the successful 2016 (Sept. 24th) Provincial CYC Convention. The theme was the 125th anniversary of Ukrainians in Canada.
- Many members were involved with the UCC–MB activities in Winnipeg. Our long-time rep to UCC-MB, Fred Russin, provided much information and updates about the events and celebrations.
All in all, the branch had a very successful two years.
Dr. Roman Yereniuk
1175 Main Street
Winnipeg MB R2W 3S4