Report for 2015-2017
TYC is foremost a fundraising arm that assists our Orthodox Church and community and goes beyond those boundaries and contributes to the wider community that we live in and touch.
TYC has contributed monetarily to many worthwhile organizations using our casino funds.
- EDUCATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS – $ 2500.00
- EDMONTON COMMUNITY – $ 2000.00
- ORTHODOX CHURCH SCHOOLS – $ 1500.00
- CYMK – $ 1500.00
- UKRAINIAN SOCIAL PROGRAMS – $ 2300.00
- UKRAINIAN ORTHODOX COMMUNITY – $ 21,360.00
- OUT OF PROVINCE UKRAINIAN ORGANIZATIONS – $ 4000.00
- EDMONTON TYC INITIATIVES – $ 4000.00
- ADMINISTRATION – $1000.00
- Additional requests after initial approved allocations.
- SVIATO 25 – $3000.00
- CHILDREN FOR PEACE INITIATIVE – $1000.00
- CANADIAN RED CROSS ALBERTA FIRES RELIEF FUND – $1000.00
- MOHYLA INSTITUTE SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAM – $500.00
- TOTAL – $45,660.00 (2016)
- AVAILABLE FUNDS FOR 2017 – $35,653.69
TYC working together with UWAC has organized a series of speaker events in 2016:
- March 23rd – Movie Night “A Place Called Shandro” Guerrilla Films in association with Shandro Productions. A chronicle of settlement of Ukrainian Immigrants in East Central Alberta.
- September 17th – “On the Road Again to Kalyna Country” with Host /Historian Jars Balan. Sold out again visiting Warwick Hall, churches along the way to Stry-Hamlin area, lunch in Hamlin, exploring Vilna and county of Smokey Lake.
- November 21st – Joint event with UWAC St. John’s Branch – ARTS & CARAFES – at the ACUA Gallery – a casual evening of culture, conversation, sipping and shopping
TYC ACTIVITIES and CELEBRATIONS in 2016:
- February 10th – Wing Night Wednesday – Introduction to TYC and recruitment of younger members.
- April 27th – Chernobyl Commemoration Moleben and remarks by TYC president
- June 8th – Annual BBQ acknowledging all our members especially those with 10, 25, 40 or 50 years of service to our organization.
- August 5-7 – Volunteered at Ukrainian Pavilion August 28th – SVIATO 25 – Celebration on the Square – TYC Participation in Moleben Prayer
- November 26th – Holodomor commemoration at City Hall – Dennis Kuchta was TYC flag bearer
- Metropolitan Ilarion Museum Project in Ukraine
- Resolution Decision on USRL/CYC/CYMK full time Administrator: TYC to provide $2500 year 1 and subsequent funding of $2500 for Year 2 and $2500 for Year 3 should there is a successful program and administrator selection.
- September 29 – October 2, 2016: UCC Triennial Conference in Regina
- TYC was represented by Emil Yereniuk and Dennis Kuchta
- November 4-5, 2016: AUSRL Convention / AGM in Edmonton
- December 14, 2016: TYC AGM
I am very pleased and honored to have been the President of the Ukrainian Self Reliance Association – Edmonton Branch for the past 5 years. This year will conclude my tenure as President and I thank my executive team for all their assistance, thank you to all the members who have participated in our meetings, attended our events, and generally supported the TYC organization. We have made great strides in working with the UWAC in creating and coordinating events together. We need to make the same collaborative efforts in bringing Senior CYMK in planning events. There needs to be dialogue from our silent TYC members in contributing into planning directions and events.
Our website www.tyc-edmonton.ca has more information.
“To provide resources, activities and programs that contribute to the spiritual and cultural growth of our members and to the maintenance, nurturing and growth of a caring, committed and visionary Ukrainian Orthodox community within Canadian society.
“TYC is a vibrant organization composed of dedicated members utilizing their diversity of talents to serve our CYC family, the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada, all Ukrainians and all Canadians.”
Edmonton AB T5H 1H7